What we collect
- National ID card or Passport
Before using our service for the first time, we ask you to send us a clear and legible copy of your National ID card or Passport. This is a one-time requirement for new users.
- Contact information.
This includes your phone number and email address.
- PayPal account’s screenshots.
We may require you to furnish us with a screenshot of your PayPal account activity from time to time. However, this rarely happens.
How we use this information
- We use your national ID card to verify your identity. We need to be sure that we are dealing with a real person. We use a government database to verify this. The name on your ID card has to match the name on your PayPal account as well as M-Pesa account. For customers with PayPal business accounts, we verify your ownership of that PayPal account through a screenshot of the profile where your name appears.
- We use your contact information to contact you and process payments. The phone number you register with must be a registered M-Pesa number. We never sell your contact information such as email address to anyone.
- In case we ask you for a screenshot of your PayPal account’s activity, we will use it to confirm that your funds are coming from legit sources. We want to be sure of that. This mostly happens whenever we notice a significant change in either frequency or amounts transacted. Kindly note that the screenshot will only show us the names of those who sent you the money and NOT their email addresses. This ensures the privacy of your clientele is not compromised.
We may share your information with PayPal and government or regulatory authorities as may be deemed necessary by situations that may arise in the course of doing business with you.